Little Brother Big Sisters is a new children’s television series and children’s book created by Set on a Hill. Set on a Hill uses a unique style of rhymes, culture, and morals to engage kids to love reading. Our campaign promotes our goals to get 1000 books into the hands of children and to promote our love for literacy. Support our love for literacy by purchasing a book for a child, sponsoring a book for a child, or by becoming a book sponsor.
According to the U.S. Department of Education and the National Institute of Literacy we found:
- 32 million adults in America cannot read
- 1/5 of the adults in the US read below a 5th grade level
- 1/5 of high school graduates cannot read
- 60% of students who cannot read well by the end of the 4th grade are in jail or on welfare
- Children who cannot read proficiently by the 3rd grade are 4 times more likely to drop out of school
- 85% of Juveniles that go to trial in juvenile court are functionally illiterate
Set on a Hill wants to make a difference
Become a Book Sponsors
Book Sponsors will be featured in the front of the book as a book sponsor, supporting our goal of 1000 books and our love for literacy. Book sponsors have the opportunity of being published in up to 1000 books and will be featured in a commercial on our show. We share our books all over the United States and around the world. Help us encourage children to learn and to succeed.
Become a Book Sponsor >> CLICK HERE
We are thankful to Partners with some great organizations that are doing an amazing job impacting the community and children.
The Consulate General of Brazil in Houston partnered with our non-profit Estadio Magazine
Brazilian Friends Foundation
Sovereign United Ministries
The Brazilian Endowment for the Arts in New York
We started our national campaign to share 1000 Books with 1000 Children. Today Set on a Hill is in New York with Brazilian Endowment for the Arts to donate books to The Brazilian Library of New York! Big thanks to Domicio Coutinho for partnering with us!