Become a Sponsor for a Child
According to the U.S. Department of Education and the National Institute of Literacy we found:
- 32 million adults in America cannot read
- 1/5 of the adults in the US read below a 5th grade level
- 1/5 of high school graduates cannot read
- 60% of students who cannot read well by the end of the 4th grade are in jail or on welfare
- Children who cannot read proficiently by the 3rd grade are 4 times more likely to drop out of school
- 85% of Juveniles that go to trial in juvenile court are functionally illiterate
Set on a Hill wants to make a difference.
We love literacy and our goal is to help 1000 children to also love literacy, by sharing 1000 of our books.
We have partnered with organizations in the community that we want to offer their students admission to our event at no cost to them. Become a part of our Love for Literacy goal by sponsoring a child.
About The Event:
Little Brother Big Sisters is a new children’s television series and children’s book created by Set on a Hill. Set on a Hill uses a unique style of rhymes, culture, and morals to engage kids to love reading. We will have our actors, singers, and dancers performing live, debut our children’s show, and debut our children’s book. The event will be filmed and the studio audience will be featured on our first show in the fall on Mundo FOX 34. Support our love for literacy by sponsoring a child for this event.
Live Television Premiere – Sat, May 30, 2015 at 7pm at 1809 Hollister, Houston, TX 77080
Sponsor a child to attend our event, get a book, and get a T-shirt.
The cost is $55 to sponsor a child. Your sponsorship will help a child get:
1). Admission to the event for a child in the community 2). Receive a book 3). Receive a T-shirt
Every sponsor’s name will be added on our website as a Child Sponsor for the event.
Get your Ticket for an undeserved Child Below:
Brown Paper Tickets Ticket Widget Loading…
Click Here to visit the Brown Paper Tickets event page.